Make it easier for foreigners to work and live in China
Help Chinese enterprises to recruit global talents
HiredChina.com 在华外国人才网 - 招聘外国人 - 最多外国人使用的求职平台，成功发布的职位将每日同步到Facebook/teitter/Linkedin，并由全国第一的英文微信大号GICexpat推送给20W外国粉丝！
What is a China visa?
Chinese visas are issued by Chinese diplomatic missions outside China and by the entry and exit administration of the County Public Security Bureau. However, to enter China, non-Chinese citizens should apply for a Chinese visa to a visa issuing agency outside China. Since Hongkong and Macao maintain their own border control policies, the validity of China's ordinary visa is the only Chinese mainland and does not apply to Hongkong or Macao. Therefore, passengers must apply for a separate Hongkong visa or Macao. They should need separate visas to go to these areas.
China visa policy for talent
In recent years, with the rapid development of China, the economy is becoming more and more powerful, and more positions need higher-level talents to be competent. Therefore, the Chinese government has issued many policies to encourage and attract overseas talents. The R visa (talent visa) issued in 2018 is an example of these policies. Since then, tens of thousands of foreigners have received Chinese talent visas. After a year of implementation, China has simply optimized the policy to facilitate more application procedures.
This (talent) r visa, which can be used in any Chinese Embassy in any country, is for those who have a high-level confirmation letter issued by the China Labor Bureau. It is valid for 5-10 years with a maximum of 180 days per stay. R visa processing time is 1 or 2 days (sometimes you can apply in the morning and in the afternoon), and there is no visa fee. For eligibility to apply for an R (talent) visa, please check the official visa website.
If you have an R (talent) visa and have worked in China for 3 consecutive years, you can apply for permanent residency in China.
R (talent visa) can also be applied to the Shanghai entry-exit administration or airport as long as you have any of the following qualifications:
1. If you are a senior talent introduced by the Chinese government
2. If you have a senior talent confirmation letter
3. If your employer belongs to the list of Shanghai Science and technology innovation company, you can be invited to apply.
4. if you have a master's degree or higher
5. If you are recommended by a company in China's national innovation demonstration zone, bonded zone, Shanghai University or institution.
What documents do you need to prepare?
Here is the list:
1. Your original passport
2. Temporary registration document issued by your local police station
3. Application form (can be printed on the automaton of the exit Entry Administration)
4. Employer's application letter
5. Copy of the employer and the original of the business license (the original shall be checked and submitted)
6. Letter of recommendation from the employer or your original degree and identity certificate (it needs to be legalized by the Chinese Embassy in your country)
Depending on your situation, you may be arranged to have an interview with an official. If approved, you will get a talent visa (residence permit) within 2-4 working days.
Please note that even if you have obtained a talent visa (residence permit) for 5 to 10 years, you may still need to renew your work permit (the talent work permit is usually valid before your labor contract expires).