Making it easier for foreigners to live and work in China

Over 180,000 global expats have registered on our site

Helping Chinese enterprises recruit global talent

We've listed over 30,000 positions since we started
Today's Hot Jobs
Scan QR code to download HiredChina App
Platform advantages
Multi-Platform Sync
While you can check new job posts on, new job info will also be posted on our Facebook page, Linkedin page, Twitter account, as well as our WeChat account GICexpat.
Free Functions + Paid Convenience
While you can use all the functions for free, you can pay a small amount of money to gain triple attention from the employers.
Instant Interaction
By clicking ‘Apply’at the lower left of job page, your intention will be automatically sent to the recruiter. At the same time, you can also use the instant message system to communicate with the recruiter.
Executive search service
More than 10 years of headhunting service experience
A professional headhunting team with 10 years of headhunting experience. At the same time, an overseas business department was established to expand overseas cooperation channels and help Chinese companies recruit global expats.
Rich global expats reservation
Based on the accumulation of our website for many years, we have obtained a rich global expats resource pool. The nationality of expats spans the globe, with focus in Europe, United States and in the Asian-Pacific regions.
Focusing on industry segments
Focused service companies / industries include domestic high-tech companies, e-commerce companies, gaming companies, medical / pharmaceutical industries, manufacturing and education industries with overseas talent demand.
Hiredchina uses some cutting-edge code, which makes it incompatible with some IE browsers. If you see this, we suggest you switch to Google/firefox/safari browser to visit our website.
hiredchina 在华外国人才网 - 招聘外国人 - 最多外国人使用的求职平台,成功发布的职位将每日同步到Facebook/teitter/Linkedin,并由全国第一的英文微信大号GICexpat推送给20W外国粉丝!

    How Do I Get a Visa to Work in China?

    Want to teach English in China but aren't sure how to get a visa? Don't worry, we've got you covered! From FBI background checks to job offers to collecting documentation to apply for your real visa, read on to find out precisely what you need to do to have a smooth visa application procedure.

    Chinese Visa Types

    The Z visa is the most popular form of visa for English instructors to get. This visa permits English instructors to legally work in China. The institution that employs you should assist you in obtaining this visa — you cannot acquire a Z Visa unless you have a work offer. If your school requires you to acquire a different form of visa, make careful to inquire why and to understand what type of visa you will be receiving. Sometimes schools require a teacher to start working right away and don't have the time to wait for the instructor to receive a Z Visa. If this occurs, the instructor would often enter China on a L visa (tourist visa) and then get a work visa while in China.

    To add to the confusion, there is also the F visa, commonly known as a business visa. Depending on the teacher's credentials, certain schools may aid instructors in acquiring a F visa rather than a Z visa. It is also popular to fly to China on a F visa and have it changed to a Z visa once there since F visas are more easier to get than Z visas.

    Here's how to acquire a visa to teach English in China: Step 1 - Gather Important Documents

    This should begin before you even receive a job offer to teach English in China.

    1. Passport - It must be valid for at least six months and contain at least two blank pages.

    2. Passport-sized pictures - they are normally available at Walgreens or other such convenience shops.

    3. University Diploma and Transcripts - You should have a sealed copy of your transcripts and an actual diploma.

    4. Local Police Background Check/FBI Background Check - Some jobs may simply need a local background check, while others will require/request an FBI background check.

    5. Obtain an apostille for your graduation and background check. This normally takes two to three weeks.

    6. Resume - Once you've registered in your TEFL class at International TEFL Academy, our Student Affairs Advisors would be pleased to assist with you on this to ensure it fits Chinese criteria.

    7. TEFL Certificate - Typically necessary to get employed to teach English in China.

    Step 2: Once you receive a job offer,

    Send all of your documentation to the school. Send them through a private courier so that they can be traced. The list of necessary papers varies each school, but below is a general guide:

    1. Apostille-certified copy of the original degree (Confirm with your Chinese consulate if an original is required or whether a photocopy of the original is sufficient.)

    2. Two sets of sealed university transcripts

    3. Notarized FBI/local police criminal background check and necessary verification

    4. A copy of your resume

    5. A signed copy of the contract

    6. Two passport-sized pictures

    Step 3: Obtaining your visa

    After submitting all of your paperwork to your Chinese school, you will await the following documents from your school:

    1. Alien Employment Permit or Foreign Expert Work Permit

    2. Visa Notice, Visa Notification Letter, or Invitation Letter

    Once you have received your Visa Invitation Letter, you may submit your application to the consulate. You will not need to schedule an appointment in most cities since they provide walk-in hours.

    Documents required to apply for a Z-visa at the Chinese Consulate:

    For further information, visit the webpage of your local Chinese consulate.

    1. Original signed passport with at least six months of remaining validity and blank visa pages, as well as a copy of the passport's data page and, if separate, the picture page.

    2. One completed Visa Application Form (Form V.2013) with a recently taken color passport picture (bare-head, full face) against a light backdrop attached.

    3. Alien Employment License or Foreign Expert Work Permit Visa Notice and Visa Notification Letter or Invitation Letter

    4. Visa fee - Check with your consulate; however, it will be roughly $140 (credit card, money order, or cashier's check acceptable) and will be completed in four business days.