A highly capable professional English teacher committed to supporting student learning and engagement. I am able to provide a supportive classroom environment building trust with the students, helping them to achieve academic excellence, social development and emotional stability. I am a passionate, hardworking teacher with a strong attention to detail and eager to develop in my teaching career. I am looking for the next position to further my knowledge and skills and make a significant contribution in this field which will help me enable students to reach their full potential.
• Teaching English to mainland 800+ Chinese employees at HengYi. • Developing pacing plans and preparing appropriate lesson plans for A0 to B2 levels. • Creating course materials, resources, PowerPoint presentations and assessments. • Delivering clear instructions, encouraging and engaging students. • Testing the progress of the students across the four skills. • Planning timetables.
• Conducting individual nutrition consultations to assess nutrition status and current lifestyle. • Advising and providing counselling on diet and lifestyle in order to reach a specific target. • Goal setting with individuals and groups for weight loss, diet and lifestyle change. • Delivering presentations and seminars on basic nutrition to the local Bruneian community in partnership with local gyms, schools and restaurants. • Working with a local gym to support their weight loss clients including basic nutrition information, meal advice and meal timing to coincide with the workouts. • Working with local restaurants to check nutrition information and serving size.
• Instructing and teaching English to students both young learners and adults. • Liaising with colleagues in relation to teaching materials, topics and students’ performance in class. • Encouraging students through a variety of activities to maintain engagement. • Giving student feedback to motivate and provide encouragement.
• Working closely with different sports teams to improve their knowledge of nutrition. • Creating various infographic sheets providing information for the athletes about different topics such as meal planning, recovery foods, and protein consumption. • Working as part of a team to create recipes that are accessible, cheap and easy to make. • Delivering a series of presentations to the sports teams to help them understand basic nutrition. • Teaching cooking skills to the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS).
• Teaching cooking and nutritional skills. • Creating a gluten free and diary free menu for a well-known local restaurant. • Helping to recruit volunteers and creating a weekly newsletter. • Creating a database of recipes, ingredients and costing used for ordering and calculating costing at the restaurant to set prices.
Successful completion of the CELTA Cambridge University Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults.
BSC (HONS) Food Science and Nutrition, First Class I was in the top 5% of my cohort, I am motivated and well organized in order to succeed in my studies, these are skills that I will transfer into the workplace.
- (+undefined) +67****3677