International School Jobs in China

Candidates for the post of classroom teacher at a foreign international school are sometimes expected to have a teaching credential from their home country in addition to their international teaching certification. General requirements for foreign school teachers who want to operate in China's public educational institutions

To be eligible to teach in Chinese school courses, you must have completed at least 120 hours of TEFL certification or an equivalent English teaching credential, which may be obtained in a classroom setting or via online learning. This has been ordered by the Chinese government. This website is meant for English educators who are looking for resources.

You must be 60 years old or under and 55 years old or older in order to get a work Z visa and a residence permit in China, respectively. Only a few towns and cities allow teachers above the age of 60 to be recruited if they are subject matter experts or on a case-by-case basis, and even then, only in exceptional circumstances.

Field teachers are required to have a bachelor's degree (BEd, PGCE, Masters in education, PGDE or BA in a subject such as business, mathematics, history, or geography).

The need for native English speakers for English teachers is growing in a growing number of institutions, however not all of them do so.

A minimum of two to three years of teaching experience is necessary in big cities and towns, while a minimum of five years of teaching experience is required in Beijing.

Teaching experience with children in that age range is desired, however positions are available even if you don't have any prior experience.

Subject teachers in state or international schools should be certified to teach pupils of the same age as the students they are teaching, albeit this is not often the case in many institutions.

References from two or three outstanding school teachers from either the current or previous school are necessary for this position.

Physical and physical examinations, a valid work visa, and authorization to dwell in the place in which you will be working are all required before you may begin working.

There has been no evidence of criminal behavior.

It is necessary to have one's qualifications and other documents checked and then legalized at the Chinese embassy before one may use them in China.

There are contracts available with durations ranging from 10 months to 3 years, with the possibility of renewal.

Permission to Reside in the People's Republic of China

Your employer will apply for a residence permit in the city in which you will be staying on your behalf within the first 30 days of your arrival in China after you have arrived and settled in the country.

Depending on the province you plan to teach in, you will need to fulfill a variety of different legislative and certification requirements. For example, in very major Tier 1 cities like as Shanghai, in order to work and live in the city as a foreign teacher, you must first get a Shanghai resident visa before beginning your employment.

A bachelor's degree in the subject topic is also required for teaching in Shanghai and Beijing, as well as for teaching English in Shanghai. Having an English language teaching credential, being a native English speaker, and having a minimum of two years teaching experience are all additional qualifications for this position.

Personal member service
Click for details
Corporate member service
Click for details